Saturday, September 3, 2011

Airfare Bargains

Again today, a customer called to remind me that an online website selling air reservations had a bargain airfare she wanted me, as a travel agent, to look at. But then the woman also added, then it said the airfare was no longer available when she went to the purchase page.

Do clients call often and "remind" other travel agents about discounts they see, but cannot book?

I have also noticed another curious trend with airfares. It seems that the low "bargain" airfares are primarily only available on the very early flights at the crack of dawn, or very late at night. I realize the economic standpoint that people will often pay more to fly at a more reasonable hour of day.

It becomes very frustrating, when watching for lower airfares for clients, that they have to take these less desirable flights, often for a better airfare.

Has anyone else noticed this trend? Possibly it is just something that seems more conspicuous to me lately in my work. What are your thoughts?


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment